The purpose of this workshop is to foster knowledge and experience exchange on the role that European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) can play in improving access to healthcare with an emphasis on primary and preventive care, especially for vulnerable groups. The following issues will be discussed:
- The challenges of ensuring equitable access to high quality healthcare services in the face of fiscal pressures
- The use of ESI Funds in the current 2014-2020 programming period to improve access to healthcare
- A discussion of ESI Funds projects focusing on improving access for either the general population or vulnerable groups, including populations located in remote and rural areas
This workshop will be carried out in collaboration with the Regional Health Authority of Algarve, which along with the beneficiaries is implementing the Proximity Healthcare Units (Unidades de Saúde Móveis de Proximidade) project supported by the European Regional Development Fund. This workshop is part of a series of events organised by the 'ESI Funds for Health' project funded by the Health Programme of the EU (Jan-2017-Dec-2018) with the aim to:
- Gather knowledge on health investments by the ESI Funds across the EU;
- Build knowledge and capacities to support the implementation of the ESI Funds for health.
To register for one or more workshops, please follow this link.