The purpose of this workshop was to foster knowledge and experience exchange on the challenges facing the need to deliver high-quality healthcare to individuals while ensuring the long-term sustainability of healthcare systems, and the role European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) can play in managing these challenges. The following issues were discussed:
- Health systems reform – needs and priorities
- Health systems reform – the role of Country Specific Recommendations made during the European Semester;
- The role of the ESI Funds in supporting: (1) deinstitutionalisation measures; (2) transition from hospital to community-based care; and (3) investments in healthcare facilities ‘efficiency and sustainability;
The workshop will be carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic and will feature the projects covered by the ‘Mental Health Care Reform' supported by the European Social Fund (ESF). This workshop is part of a series of events organised by the ‘ESI Funds for Health’ project funded by the Health Programme of the EU (Jan 2017- Dec 2018) with the aim to:
- Gather knowledge on health investments by the ESI Funds across the EU;
- Build knowledge and capacities to support the implementation of the ESI Funds for health.
To register for one of our forthcoming workshops (e-health and access to healthcare), please follow this link.