The purpose of this workshop was to foster knowledge and experience exchange on the challenges facing the health workforce in the EU and the role European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) can play in managing these challenges. The following issues were discussed:
- Workforce planning – assessing needs and developing a strategic approach;
- Workforce training – skills and knowledge gaps and training needs;
- The role of the ESI Funds in supporting the above.
The workshop was carried out in collaboration with the Ministry of Health in Bulgaria and feature the ‘Specialisation in Health’ project supported by the European Social Fund.
This workshop is part of a series of events organised by the ‘ESI Funds for Health’ project funded by the Health Programme of the EU (Jan 2017- Dec 2018) with the aim to:
- Gather knowledge on health investments by the ESI Funds across the EU;
- Build knowledge and capacities to support the implementation of the ESI Funds for health.